Start a new topic

Did the system of automatic addition on public workspace change?

Hello! I've connected my youtube account with Amara three months ago, and my videos were added automatically to the public workspace. But recently my new videos seem not uploaded to Amara.

Did the system of automatic addition on public workspace change? 

Thank you for pointing out this important change, げらもなな. 

Indeed, the support resource Linking YouTube and Amara accounts now says (since  October 23):

"Videos from your YouTube channel are not automatically uploaded to Amara when linking to an Amara free user account.  To add videos, go to the Amara Public Workspace and follow these instructions for an individual user to add a video to Amara."

Nevertheless, the other part of the syncing apparently still works for free accounts :

"Subtitles are exported from Amara to your YouTube channel after they are completed and published on Amara.  You must connect a YouTube channel to your Amara user account to automatically export subtitles to YouTube videos."

I hope this helps. In a way , the change remedies the unwanted transfer to Amara of unlisted Youtube videos. 

Thanks again: not having linked my Youtube and Amara accounts, I had not noticed this change. 

Best, 

Claude 

Dear Claude,

I'm glad you looked that up.

I welcome this update because it is to prevent unexpected adding of unlisted movies.

Plus... I'm new to Amara so I look over the FAQ a lot.

And every time I find your name on these threads, I feel very encouraged.

You are always supporting many volunteers and creators.

Thank you from my heart for your great contribution.

Regards,

Monana

Dear Monana, 

Thank you so much for your kind words and, again, for pointing out this change. 

Actually, I reply on this forum based on my volunteer's experience of Amara, which is fairly long. But I don't know about its tech workings. 

Best, 

Claude

1 person likes this

Dear Monana,

The Youtube-Amara syncing has changed behavior again. The resource I mentioned befor, has been renamed Connect YouTube Channel to Amara User Account and now says (since  December 2):

"After connecting, Amara will import subtitles and video title, description, thumbnail for all:

• Existing public and unlisted videos 

• New videos (added after you connect channel)

We export subtitles for your videos from Amara to your YouTube channel after they are completed and published on Amara."

I'd suggest that if you experience syncing issues again, you go check that resource: even if the label wording changes, the URL normally remains the same. Or just ask again here.

Best,

Claude

Dear Claude,

Thank you very much to let me know about the very important change.

The automatic addition of unlisted videos coming back again... Oh, dear...

But I think I can find a way to make the most of this great system.
Thank you again for your worm suggestion.

Regards,

Monana

Login or Signup to post a comment