Start a new topic

I need Youtube URL with my translated subtitle

I finished translating great interview from English to Mongolian, reviewed and synced. But I don't see the video under my Videos tab. How can I get a youtube URL with Mongolian subtitle that I can share? Thank you!  

Thank you for your question, Jenny.

Only videos you add to Amara yourself appear under the "My Videos" tab. 

If this is not the case, when you are in the "My Videos" tab, click on the "Activity" tab of your profile: you will find your translated subtitles there.

Once you've found them, you can download them - e.g. as a SRT file. 

1. If you published the original video on YouTube, you can add to it the subtitle file, as explained in the Add your own subtitles & closed captions YouTube tutorial.
  2. If someone else published the original video on YouTube, you can try to contact them via their YT profile and offer them your translated subtitles.
  3. If 2 but you don't remember the URL of the YT video: from the page of your subtitles, go to the main Amara page for the video, click on the "URLs" tab, where you'll find the original YT URL.

I hope this helps?

Best,

Claude

Dear Claude, 

Thank you for your email. 
I will try my best to sort this out. 

Regards,

Jenny 

Dear Claude, 

What should I do if I can't contact the video publisher? 

The given website is no longer available :-( Is there anyway I can download the video and insert the subtitles and publish on youtube? 

Thanks! 

Dear Jenny,

Can you at least find the Amara page where you made your subtitles in the Activity tab of your Amara profile, and copy its URL here? 

This way I might be able to look further into this issue. However, there might be copyright issues with what you intend to do, but let's see.

Best,

Claude

Yes. I can find my work under activity tab.

Great: can you copy the URL for your subtitles in this discussion, please?

Best

Claude

Thank you,Jemmy.

Presently the problem is the deletion of the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ev7GXzFTPg video that was formerly streamed in the Amara page where you did the Mongolian subtitles.

Another video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2deknn2sro might replace it, perhaps: same "This is Why You Don't SUCCEED - One of the Best Motivational Speeches Ever" title, but it seems slightly longer. If the extra part is at the end, no problem: if need be, subtitles can be completed. If it is at the beginning, the original English subtitles should be fixed first via the time menu.

Do you want me to try to replace the YT video?

Best

Claude

Wow Claude thanks! That would be great. Big thank you for sorting this out.

My pleasure, Jenny; it worked; the extra bit is at the end, so the syncing works for this video too: maybe just add a subtitle with the Mongolian word for "Music" at the end?

Best

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment