Start a new topic

Help me with the translation display.

Hi Amara team! I'm having some troubles here... I hope you can help me, please.
I started a new translation, and as the tutorial guide support article said, I had to select the origin language. In the translating sections I saw two frames for each subtitle line, one in the origin language and one to complete with the destiny language. So far, everything it's ok. Then, I had to suspend, I save the work and leave.
But when I return to continue, I don't see the origin language frame anymore. I would use the original transcription of the video to translate, but I can't find the way to display both languages at the same time as before.
Did I messed up when I saved the work? How can I continue the translation from the original transcription? 
I apologize for my horrible english grammar, and thank you for your time.

Hi Andrés,

Thanks for your message yesterday where you explained that the issue repeated itself in the "metadata: geo" subtitles. I replied explaining how you could squat another  metadata language track to get a new translation interface showing the original English subtitles.

However, a closer look at the English subtitles makes me think it would be better to wait until they are finished,  as the subtitler is not following the chronological order. And this might perhaps contribute to the issue with the translation interface.

Just an hypothesis, though.  If you want to continue right now all the same, I'm ready to go on helping you squat as many inexisting "metadata" and duplicate languages as needed :)

Thank you very much for your help, Claude. I will have in mind your advices.

Hi Andres,

See my reply to your request, in Removing subtitles or videos, to delete these http://www.amara.org/en/videos/5zywHN6htSfE/es/612002/ subtitles. Summarizing:
  • You did nothing wrong, so the cause of the issue must be external.
  • You can now continue your Spanish translation, with the English subs showing, in http://www.amara.org/en/videos/5zywHN6htSfE/meta-geo/612243/ .
  • As there is a risk that the same problem happens there too, please download your subtitles every time you do "Save and Exit"

Login or Signup to post a comment