Start a new topic

The End and Start Subtitle Buttons get stuck if interrupting sync timing

The problem has appeared lately. If during sync timing you stop using the buttosn to start and end subtitles, to drag manually the bars of a subtitle you timed incorrectly, when you go back to playing the video the end and start subtitle buttons seem to be stuck remembering the previous subtitle, and do to not end the current subtitle, but the previous one. If you use the start button to move on to the next subtitle, no luck, it will move the start pointer of the current subtitle. So you are stack drugging the start and end bars of all following subtitles manually until after a while the program decides to work correctly again - for a while.

This is something that has started happening since the last update with the "colored" handles and it is extremely annoying.

Thank you, Diego: I replied to you in the Try out our new Beta Editor features coming soon to the Amara Subtitling Editor! topic.

Best,

Claude

Hi again, Diego

I tried some more subtitling and indeed, at one point, I encountered the issue you describe (though not always)

To get rid of it, I saved and exited, then resumed subtitling and the issue was gone. Not a very rigorous approach, granted, but it works. However, if you repeatedly encounter this issue, please confirm in this thread.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment