Start a new topic

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.

Hello. We finished subtitling and saved a few videos, but when we try to go back into the file we get this message: A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. Has anyone seen this? It's now been 24 hours later.

Hi, UWMdhhProgram.

I've seen that often, particularly when I use a slightly wobbly WiFi connection. But then, the Firefox browser offers me the possibility to continue loading the page. Sometimes it works. When it doesn't, reloading the page (if need be, several times) usually works, in the end.

I just opened a ticket with the same problem in Firefox.

I have discovered, however, that if I go to the English subtitles page for our video, and click on the Edit Subtitles button in the upper right, I am taken to the subtitles editor that I cannot get to via "Improve These Subtitles."

http://amara.org/en/videos/uKTzmvbha82M/en/554782/
This is, for us, the offending video page.

By going in through the side door, I was able to make edits and save a new revision.  Having changed the version, the problem no longer occurs when working in this video.  Testers at Amara may want to consider trying to reload the previous version to see if the problem can be duplicated at their end.

Hi Mike,

Great to see you on this help forum too (1) ;-)

Actually, UWMdhhProgram is pointing out a problem with slow-loading javascripts, whereas the discrepancies in editing possibilities between the Amara player's droplist (subs marked complete grayed) and the subtitle pages (editable) that you mention seem rather akin to those VeroneBlack and I discussed in his Edit doesn't works anymore topic, shortly after the June 29 software upgrade.  So I'll update VeroneBlack's topic with a cross reference to your remarks here about going via the side door.
Another thing: I was unable to find the ticket you mention - could you give its URL, please? (I have a kind of liaising role between forum posts and tickets, so I can view everybody's tickets. But though I could technically reply to tickets too, I don't, because too many cooks spoil the broth).

(1) For others: Mike and I have been corresponding on the great work he is doing to make YouTube automatic captions easily editable to make them fit for human consumption.

I've now found your "Improve these subtitles link fails" ticket #69410 where you mention the slow javascript issue when attempting to use that link, and where Margarita Shamraeva replied, before closing the ticket:

"This menu will become available when the metadata for the video gets updated. Normally this should happen fast, almost in real time, but right now due to a huge queue of tasks running in the background of the Amara server it takes very long. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this might cause.
Meanwhile, you should be able to edit the subtitles by clicking "Edit Subtitles" button on http://amara.org/en/videos/uKTzmvbha82M/en/554782/. This opens the subtitling editor as usual."

Then I read your "Re: [#69410] Improve these subtitles link fails" Ticket #69437 where you explain that after making changes via "Edit Subtitles" in the subtitles' page, the "Improve these subtitles" link worked, but when you reverted (rolled back) to the former version, the "Improve these subtitles" link again didn't work.

Actually, I was now able to enter the editor via this link in your last version (i.e. Revision 6 - 09/12/2013 - rollback to Revision 2 - 09/12/2013) with Firefox. So maybe it's a compound issue of slow javascript and another factor. And even though editing is feasible via "Edit Subtitles" in the subtitles' page, this other factor should be looked into, as you write.

Login or Signup to post a comment