Start a new topic

how to download my video with my subtitles

Hi all, 

I am a new member, I worked hard on this beautiful video and added subtitles with the help of amara, not can anyone tell me how do I download it to my computer.

Thnaks

Vikram Gandhi

4 people have this problem

Thank you for your query, Vikram Gandhi.

You can download your subtitles - for instance as SRT - from the Amara subtitling page. If you save them with the same name as the video and in the same folder, you will then be able to play them and the video with several applications, for instance QuickTime or VLC.

See also the  How To - Add/Hardcode Subtitles (VLC) YouTube tutorial if you want to burn the subtitles into the video, but you could also do that with a video editing software if you have one on your computer. Its Help feature should explain how to do that.

Best,

Claude

i use Avdshare Video Converter to download any video with subtitles or add my own subtitles to the downloaded videos.

Thank you, Tonya: I didn't know this software. When a video has CC subtitles, as in Amara, does Avdshare Video Converter download the video file and the subtitle file separately, or does it burn the subtitles into the video, creating a single video file with OC subtitles?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Claude

I worked hard on this beautiful video and added subtitles with the help of amara, now can anyone tell me how do I download it to my computer.

Thank you for your question, Thomas Prosiliakos.

You could look into Tonya's suggestion, above, if you want to hard code the subtitles in the video. But you could also download the video from its original location, and the subtitles from Amara. Then you could play both together in the VLC media player (multiplatform, free and for free).

Best

Claude

There is no way to download a video WITH THE CAPTIONS? 

What is the purpose of this site? 

Thank you for your question, Peter.

Amara enables you to make subtitles that you can download. You can then use a video editing software to burn the subtitles into the video, or you can use a player like VLC  to play the video together with the subtitles. I mention VLC because it is multiplatform, free and for free, but there are many other players that allow you to play a video together with a closed captions subtitle file.

Best

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment