Start a new topic

Hi about receiving credit for translation work in amara

so basically every translation I do through Amara I can get credit and a printable certificate?

I originally joined amara to do some translation for TED but got curious if I could get credit for translating for other organization such as Scientific American or Film& TV and so on

4 people have this problem
1 Comment

That's an excellent question, Yunho.  In fact, towards the end of the  "Amara Town Hall meeting" last October, Dean Jansen  said:

"... there are probably a lot of things that we didn't discuss today and that have to do with how do we ‑ how do we best represent what volunteers have done, how do we show, you know, here is a set of captions done primarily by this user but also this user helped. And that's a really big question and a really big thing we have started to think about but is so huge that we want to make sure that we have the communities' voice and support and sort of heart in as we move forward on it.
So, that's another big thing and maybe that's a topic for the next town hall meeting."

(See the English subtitles of the meeting, from 1:17:29)

So crediting subtitlers' work is on the table - and now you've given it voice and support. Hopefully others will too.

Login or Signup to post a comment