Start a new topic

Possible to upload videos from my hard drive?

Hi, I've downoaded videos from youtube to subtitle using software I'm used to. So my question is, since I have problems uploading .ssa files (it just doesn't work), is it possible to upload videos and subtitles from my hard drive? If so, how do I do this? 

Would be great to get some help.

1 Comment

Thank you for your question, Frank Einar Josep. No, You can't upload videos in Amara, because Amara only streams videos that are hosted somewhere else online.

However, you could create Amara video pages for the YouTube videos you downloaded, by adding their original YouTube URLs in the box of the Subtitle Video page. And then you could upload the subtitles you made on your computer to each relevant Amara video page.

But if I understood your post correctly, you can't do that? Yet I just created the http://www.amara.org/it/videos/UnjvMd1yQrXx/meta-audio/902603/ subtitle track by uploading an SSA file. What happens when you try to upload one? [Update: I see you are already having a ticket exchange with Margarita Shamraeva of Amara's tech staff about the SSA file issue: ignore my question]

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment