Start a new topic

Remove Subtitles and language

Neewbie here...I was working on English subtitles and in my attempt to pick up where I left off after saving my work, mistakenly began a language version with "British English" subtitles. Please delete the British English subtitle version from this video. http://www.amara.org/en/videos/LvQrgUGpsfjW/info/

Also, there seem to be 3 versions of the original English subtitle file I began working with. I just want to keep Version 1 and continue to edit that.

1 Comment

Hi Kelly, welcome to Amara.

There does not seem to be an English British subtitle track for your video - maybe you exited without saving them?

About the three revisions of the original English subtitles: that's because the Amara software keeps a revision of your subtitles each time you save them, like wikis do (see, for instance, Wikipedia). If you click on the Revisions tab, you'll see them all listed and will be able to check each - and if you want to, you can revert ("roll back") to a former revision.

But say you now did that with Revision 1, you'd create a Revision 4 that would be labeled "Roll back to revision 1". Therefore it is better to only do that if you've made a severe mistake in the newer ones. Otherwise, just accept that the latest revision of your work is called "Revision [its number]", and carry on subtitling.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment