Start a new topic
Answered

how con i download the video with my subtitles?

please help?

Best Answer

Thank you, sneha rani

This looks like an interesting web app. However, if the video has closed captions on Twitter, the app will only download the video file, not the closed captions text file. And it will not apparently burn the closed captions onto the video.

Best,

Claude

Thank you for your question, Abby.

Subtitles made on Amara are closed caption subtitles, i.e. they are hosted in a text file that is synchronized with the video, not burned in the video.And the videos that play on Amara are only being streamed to it from their original location.

So in general (1), you have to download
  • the subtitle file from Amara (that's easy, there is a download link in all subtitle pages) and
  • the video file from its original location (indicated in the URLs tab of the main Amara page for the video).
    This can be trickier if it is on a platform that hides the actual URL of the video file, like YouTube, but it's still feasible, for instance using the Download Helper browser extension (for Firefox and for Chrome)

Then with some video editing programs - Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro - you can burn the subtitle file into the video.

I've never done that, though. I find it simpler to put both files in the same folder, giving them the same main name, and then play them with a player software that supports subtitles, like the multimedia free and open source VLC player, and play both together.

I hope this helps a bit?

Claude Almansi

(1) One exception (that I know of): if the video you made the subtitles for is a TED talk, you can look it up on TED.com. In the video played there, the dowload feature allows you to burn the subtitles of your choice into it.

1 person likes this
how do it

1 person likes this
Thank you for your question, Jony. Have you tried the way I described above? Or are there things you don't understand in my description?

Best,

Claude Almansi

Open the downloaded video file in VLC Media Player.

From the menu, click Subtitles, then Add Subtitle File...

Select the downloaded . SRT file, click Open, and enjoy!

-----------------

word counter

Thank you, chin woo.

You can also copy and paste a video transcript directly from YouTube

A video transcript can also be copied and pasted directly from YouTube.

thank you

its cool

For twitter videos is recommend this twitter video downloader

Answer

Thank you, sneha rani

This looks like an interesting web app. However, if the video has closed captions on Twitter, the app will only download the video file, not the closed captions text file. And it will not apparently burn the closed captions onto the video.

Best,

Claude

A video transcript can also be copied and pasted directly from YouTube.

There are a lot of resources online.. 

Thank you, Mary Rose. Indeed, but for safety reasons, I cannot link to them here. People should search for <<Download Youtube subtitles>>, and then decide which to use. One very important factor is privacy.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment