Start a new topic
Solved

How can I upload subtitles directly by .srt file???

Hello Amara Team, 

Recently I've browse your website and it's really cool. So great idea! Now, this is my problem. I translated a TV Show on Viki.com, but later owners of the show deleted the episodes for copyright terms. I converted viki subs on .srt format. The episodes of the show are for free on YouTube and are uploaded by another one (my friend) here. Now I want to add Albanian Subtitles there, but my subs haven't the same synch as the English subs. I don't want to start from the begginig with the synch of subs. Why to do that? I've made it one time. The time codes are on .srt format. Why I need to make the synch over again?? I don't understand!!! Please help me because it's so important.

Thank you in advance...;)))))

1 person has this problem

Hi, Eri Pançi

Actually you can upload your Albanian subtitles: amara.org/en/videos/UnjvMd1yQrXx/info/long-blank-video-14639  is  an empty video I use to try Amara things out. I already had English subs there, and now I uploaded a set of totally unrelated Albanian subs (1).  So you should be able to do the same with the video you allude to (for how, see How do I upload subtitles and transcripts?).

But beware of the bug described in Critical issue with uploads and rollbacks: software deletes/mangles subtitles and revisions : uploading Albanian subtitles might trigger that bug. As a precaution, first download all existing subs for that video before doing the upload.

What I don't understand is why you want to go via Amara: if the person who created the YouTube video is a friend of yours, s/he could add your subtitle file directly to it.

Best,

Claude

(1) downloaded from http://www.amara.org/en/videos/aor74ARH14bi/sq/467822/ 

Login or Signup to post a comment