Creating User Account
- Go to http://www.amara.org and click “Sign in / Sign up” link in the top-right corner of the page.
- You can either create an account directly through Amara, or if you can access Amara with any of your Twitter, OpenID, Google, Facebook, or TED logins.
Next you’ll need to confirm your email address. To do so, check your inbox for a message from Amara and follow its instructions.
Important: If you create a user account directly through Amara, clicking on Twitter, OpenID, Google, or Facebook buttons will create a brand new user account, rather than sign you in to your existing Amara account!
Selecting your Languages
To set your language preferences, select Profile item from the drop-down menu under your username and on Personal Info page, click "Specify or update your languages" link:
This link invokes the language selection dialog where you can choose up to 6 different languages from drop-down lists:
Some teams are particular on what languages you can include: the rule of thumb is that if you’ll be working on a team that has language restrictions, you should only add languages that the team allows.
Once you've selected your preferred languages, click on Submit button and these languages will appear next to "Select Your Languages" button and in your user profile.
Caution: Selecting your preferred languages does not restrict you to editing only these languages. Do not edit subtitles or accept tasks for languages you do not know.
Editing your Profile
To edit your profile, hover over your username in the upper righthand corner of any page in Amara, and select “Profile” from the drop-down menu. Once there, click “Personal Info” tab.
On the Personal Info screen you can modify the information that is displayed on your public profile including the profile image.
Editing your account settings
To edit your account settings, hover over your username in the upper righthand corner of any page in Amara, and select “Account” from the drop-down menu. This will take you to "Account" screen:
On this screen you can:
- Modify your account information such as username, password, and email address
- Select how you'd like to be notified of new activity for the videos you work on or the teams you belong to, either by email or internal Amara messaging
- Link your channel on YouTube.com, if you wish to automatically receive subtitles to your videos created on Amara
- Add to your account other authentication (sign in) methods, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Lookup or reset your API key.