When you click Edit Subtitles link on subtitle page or select Improve These Subtitles item from Amara video player / transcript viewer menu, you may sometimes see the following error message: "Sorry, you have no permission to edit these subtitles. Learn more >>>".
This usually happens because of one of the following reasons:
1. This video is placed into one of the teams where you are not a member and therefore cannot edit subtitles.
You can check this by visiting the main page of the video and looking at the information in the panel to the left from the video player:
Please take a moment to visit the team page at the link displayed in this panel and to join the team, if you wish and the team settings allow this. Once you have become a team member, you can try and see if now you have the permission to edit the subtitles.
2. The video is placed into a team which moderates (QAs) subtitles.
Some teams not only require Amara users to be members of the team to be able to edit subtitles, but also control who can edit specific subtitles at each moment of time. While subtitles are in the process of making, they are assigned to a particular subtitle maker or a peer reviewer; so nobody else except for the assignee can edit the subtitles. After the subtitles have been completed and published, they can only be edited by users with special permissions - team managers or admins. Other users who may attempt to edit, might see the error message.
You can check this by visiting the main page of the video and looking at the information in the panel to the left of the video:
Please take a moment to visit the following pages at the links in that panel:
- Team page - are you a member?
- Subtitle page - is the language complete and published? (If it is labeled with a green circle and the most recent version on the subtitle page does not have the red "Draft Only" header, the language should be complete and not editable anymore. Otherwise, the language may have some other status - "Incomplete", "Needs editing", "Needs review", "Needs approval".)
- Video tasks page - are there any tasks for the selected language? Are they assigned? If not, can you pick the task and start working on it?