Updated August 15th, 2018
Please note that the removal of a video page or a subtitle set does not remove from your profile the entries about your having created/edited them.
If you are the sole author of a subtitle set and if no other subtitles
have been translated from it, you can request its removal
When submitting the request, please
If you have added a video to Amara by mistake and if its removal would not affect any subtitling work done by others, you can create a ticket via email@example.com to request its removal:
Copyright-motivated removal requests:
If you are the copyright owner of the video, please note that Amara.org does not host any videos, we simply list and embed them for subtitling purposes. Removing a video from Amara.org will not remove the video from wherever it is hosted. If you need the Amara video listing and subtitles removed for copyright reasons, please submit a request at
Thank you for your request, Virginia Gy-Psy Dancer.
I have deleted the Amara English subtitles and redownloaded the automatic subtitles from YouTube, which I am attaching here: you should be able to download them from here and reupload them to the Amara page.
I used Downsub to do the download. I've never had issues with it, but if you are wary of for free apps: when you copy the transcript without time codes from YouTube and paste them unto a simple text file, please remember to:
If you don't do 1, you might get weird things instead of accented letters or apostrophes.
If you don't do 2, you get the whole transcript as a huge first subtitle.
1. Kindly remove this video.
3. Maurice Francis
4. I tried practicing the Amara subtitling editor and need this video to be removed.
Thank you for your request, Maurice Francis Buendia.
Unfortunately, I can only remove subtitles, not videos. Could you please create a ticket, using the form in https://support.amara.org/support/tickets/new? It will go to Amara's tech staff who can remove videos.
Please add that only you added the video and started subtitles (a video can't be removed if others have already worked on it). You could also add that the uploader of the original video has already enabled the YouTube community subtitling, so that having the video on Amara could lead to confusion, with people making subtitles in both places.
1. Remove subtitles - Italian
4. I started entering subtitles to experiment with the software, without realizing that I would not be able to remove the trial after creating the subtitle set. I cannot continue the translation as the subject of the video is not my specialty.
Thank you for your request, Tetraktyst
I have removed the Italian subtitles.
I hope you'll find other videos that are in your specialty / interests!
Please remove subtitles and language nl (Dutch) from Video LEFT OUT.
I was translating from English into Dutch manually, but received a file that I want to upload with all the subtitels already translated into dutch (type .sbv)
username is evaluna
Thank you for your request, evaluna.
I have deleted the Dutch subtitles.
[Remove video and language]
Please remove the french transcript for this video:
I made a mistake and uploaded the english subtitles instead of the french transcript
Thank you for your request, Patrick: I have removed the French subtitles that contained the English transcript.
However, please note that TEDx talks should be added to the Amara TED team, as explained in How to add a TEDx Talk to Amara:
"If the video has not yet been added to the TED team, use the form in http://tinyurl.com/addTEDxTalk (or, if it does not work for you: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUNjI1mo3w0DrHlpsVvXGrC2kwMO8XWCP3kWbFxgkEjrWViw/viewform) to request its addition to the TED team: you will receive an email notification when it is ready for subtitling."
1. Remove Revisions 2, 3, 4 of the English subtitle for the video 201 - Just Another Man? / Total Onslaught - Walter Veith
3. Aleksandra Bojadjieva (I created the revisions)
4. I created the first revision by mistake and the next two I created by rolling back (thinking that would solve the problem, and it didn't - sorry about that)
Thank you for your request, Aleksandra.
Unfortunately, I can only completely remove subtitle sets, not individual revisions.
Your scruples are laudable, however the first revision was not made by a human volunteer but by Amara bot, i.e. the software that used to directly import existing YouTube subtitles to Amara. So you have not hurt anybody's feelings :)
1. Removing Subtitle - Thai
3. Sulinthorn Pungporpan
4. I has sent the subtitle for a Ted Talk video today and I forgot to translate the description, so this video has not been done yet. And I want to ask if I remove the subtitle, can I still add subtitle to this video again?
Thank you in advance.
Thank you for your query, Sulinthorn Pungporpan.
Removing the subtitles wouldn't give the subtitling task back to you.
However, as no one has picked the reviewing task yet (1), you could create a ticket requesting that the subtitling task be reassigned to you. The ticket will go to Amara's tech staff, who can do that (I can't, sorry).
(1) See https://amara.org/en/teams/ted/tasks/?lang=th&team_video=685848 (when logged in your Amara TED team account)