Start a new topic

Removing subtitles or videos

Updated August 15th, 2018

Please note that the removal of a video page or a subtitle set does not remove from your profile the entries about your having created/edited them.

Removing subtitles:
If you are the sole author of a subtitle set and if no other subtitles

have been translated from it, you can request its removal  

•  in a reply to this topic if the video has not been added to any team, or
  •  if it has been added to a team, in a message to that team's admins.

When submitting the request, please

1. Label as Remove Subtitles and language
  2. URL for the subtitle set's  page in Amara (it looks like this: http://amara.org/en/videos/NmkV5cbiCqUU/en/16497/ )
  3. Your Username
  4. Reason for taking down the subtitle set.

Removing videos:

If you have added a video to Amara by mistake and if its removal would not affect any subtitling work done by others, you can create a ticket via support@amara.org to request its removal:

1. Label as Remove Video
  2. URL for the video's location in Amara (It looks like this: http://www.amara.org/en/videos/NmkV5cbiCqUU/info/learn-about-universal-subtitles/)
  3. Your Username
  4. Reason for taking down the video

Copyright-motivated removal requests:
If you are the copyright owner of the video, please note that Amara.org does not host any videos, we simply list and embed them for subtitling purposes.  Removing a video from Amara.org will not remove the video from wherever it is hosted.  If you need the Amara video listing and subtitles removed for copyright reasons, please submit a request at 

34 people have this problem

1. Delete Portuguese subtitles. 2. https://amara.org/en/videos/pBLJKxn06Xvw/info/do-all-black-people-think-the-same/ 3. It needs some redoing but I won't be able to do it. Would really like to have it deleted from the video before it's uploaded. Please. Thank you.

Thank you for your request. However, no subtitle shows when one clicks on the link for "Portuguese, Brazilian [pt-br]" because you deleted them in later revisions. Moreover there is no risk that your subtitles of the early revisions will be uploaded to the original YouTube.

Nevertheless, if you still want me to delete your whole subtitles' subpage, I'll do it.

Best

Claude

1 person likes this

Hi, Claude! Thank you for your help. Yes, I removed them but I couldn't change the "Completed subtitles". They still appear on my history and on the "compare revisions" so that's why I thought they would still be saved there. Yes, you can delete the subtitles' subpage. Thank you!

Hi, Claude! Thank you for your help! Yes, delete the whole subtitles' subpage. Yes, I removed them but there is still "Completed subtitles" there. If there's any way you can change that, I'm thankful. Also, they still appear on "Compare revisions." Thanks, again!

Oops, apologies: your replies on this thread were blocked by the ***** spam filter of this forum. I've deleted the subtitles yesterday

Login or Signup to post a comment