Start a new topic
In Progress

Editor Keyboard Shortcuts

Here is the current list of shortcuts we are working to implement in the new editor.

Let's use this space to capture suggestions.

Note: Shift-tab isn't yet implemented, but it's planned for the very near future.

Attached is a text version.

html
(3.78 KB)

2 people like this idea

I very much would like the following functions (and corresponding keyboard shortcuts) for any subtitle which has had time codes/stamps added: 

1. seek media player to the beginning of the selected subtitle
  2. seek media player to the beginning of the previous subtitle
  3. play only the 1.5 seconds of media prior to the selected subtitle (then pause)
  4. play only the first 1.5 seconds of the selected subtitle (then pause)
  5. play the entire selected subtitle (then pause)
  6. play only the last 1.5 seconds of the selected subtitle (then pause)
  7. play only the 1.5 seconds of media which follow the selected subtitle (then pause)
  8. play from 2.5 seconds prior to the selected subtitle to 2.5 seconds after the selected subtitle
  9. play the media between the end of the previous subtitle and the beginning of the selected subtitle
  10. play the media between the end of the selected subtitle and the beginning of the following subtitle

On a related GUI note, please consider making the [Seek to subtitle] button as tall as the caption block and positioning it to the left of the caption block, so that seeking to any subtitle is obvious and does not require hovering over the little gear wrench.

Thank you for your suggestions, Nate Lawrence.

Is it possible to select a word ( a name for example, which it's spelled wrong) and replace it, like in "replace all", in the entire file? Something like "Find & Replace"?

About SDH subtitles where the cap is 25 c/s instead of 21 c/s,
could there be a way of changing the parameters so that the red warning only turns on accordingly ?
(Maybe a dropdown menu where we choose the c/s that we are currently working with ?)

Apologies for the late reply, Gordon.

It would indeed be great if the speed parameters could be changed by users, as speed recommendations for SDH vary: for instance, Reading speed in subtitling for hearing impaired children (PDF) suggests a 12 c/s limit.

However, I don't know if such a configuration by users would be technically feasible. As the speed indication is not prescriptive, you can just ignore it if you are within the 25 c/s limit you want to go by: you will still be able to mark your subtitles as complete, in spite of the speed warnings.

Best,

Claude

Boa tarde. Por que não podemos mais legendar vídeos entrando na página do Legacy? Era muito mais fácil. Nessa página atual se você sincronizar ou revisar um vídeo e depois sair você não consegue mais mexer neste vídeo para fazer alguma alteração. Pelo menos eu não vejo um local onde posso fazer isso. Antes, quando eu precisava parar uma sincronização eu poderia encerrar e retomar de onde parei. Por que não podemos mais?  

Obrigada

Aguardo uma resposta

Thank you for your question, Cida. I'm answering you in English because I only understand Portuguese, but cannot write it.

Your question is unrelated to this discussion. So I created a new discussion, The legacy editor is no longer updated, where I copied, translated and answered your comment. If you have further questions about the legacy and present editors, please ask them in this new discussion.

Best,

Claude Almansi

Hello eveybody
When is the save version shortcut available ? (Ctrl + S)
It is badly needed (My PC crashes a lot).

Thank you in advance

Thank you for the reminder, Gordon. Would you create a ticket with the same request, please? It will go to the tech staff who might give you a timeline.

Best,

Claude Almansi

Claude Almansi

How do I create a ticket ?

Hi Gordon,

via the New support ticket link top right.

Best,

Claude

Hello there. I want to know if it is possible to implement the proposed shortcuts for the italics etc.

Thank you for this request, Thanassis. I hope someone from the tech team will reply.

Login or Signup to post a comment