Start a new topic

amara.org down

It appears the site is down.

Hi David and Claude, 

Thank you for reporting this issue and I apologize for any inconvenience.

I believe it is an Amazon AWS S3 outage that is breaking things for a lot of websites and apps

Amazon’s S3 web-based storage service is experiencing widespread issues, leading to service that’s either partially or fully broken on websites, apps and devices upon which it relies.

We’re monitoring the situation and will provide more info as it becomes available.

We'll be back as soon as we can!

Best,

Vrieann

Amara Support Team

Thank you for this notification, David. In fact, I also had problems loading amara.org pages 4 hours ago (19:00 CET): they loaded incompletely, with a message saying "trying to connect to Facebook" in Firefox' status bar, and I could enter editing pages (fortunately virgin of FB connections)

However since I came back to this computer a few minutes ago, amara.org pages are loading normally, Do they perhaps load normally for you too, now?

If not, I saw you already created a ticket: so tech staff will be able to tell you what happened/happens exactly.

Best,

Claude

Update: a new ticket about not being able to enter pages for subtitling arrived at 22:08 CET. So this implies that my Facebook hypothesis was probably wrong, and that the access issue is not yet completely fixed

Login or Signup to post a comment