Start a new topic

"Enter" shortcut isn't working

When I'm writing out captions and hit Enter, it should automatically start a new subtitle but it isn't. The subtitle I was writing on loses focus and where the new blank subtitle should show up, it just has a "New Subtitle" button that I have to click manually.

I'm using windows 10 on the latest version of Chrome

Thank you for your question, shopic soe. 

However this is not an Amara issue.but a Windows one. I haven't touched a Windows device in 15 years, so take what follows with a grain of salt: as the page you linked to says, you should back up your hard disk ASAP, and then ask on a Windows-specific help forum.

Best,

Claude

I face the same issue on my laptop when I update laptop windows it shows an error or windows detected a hard disk problem would anyone tell me how I sort out that issue from my laptop or share some links related to it. 

You're right, I had the timeline open and that was the issue. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this, Jesse.

Had you perhaps started syncing before adding new subtitles? I'm asking because that's when I get what you describe. But if you hide the timeline that gets added for syncing - via the tools menu that opens from the wrench icon - then Enter again starts a new subtitle. At least it does for me.

I was unable ti reproduce the issue you describe using the Chrome browser on a laptop with Linux Ubuntu as OS, except when the timeline was showing.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Claude Almansi

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment