Start a new topic

How to disable "New ... videos ready for subtitling!" emails.

I would like to disable the "New TED videos ready for subtitling!" emails but still receive email notifications when someone messages me on Amara. Is there a way to do that?

Hi, Unnawut Leepaisalsuwanna

In your account page - http://www.amara.org/en/profiles/account/ , there is a "Notification" section where you can untick the box for "Notify by email". If that doesn't work, please create a ticket, and developers will help you.

Best,

Claude Almansi

Sorry for not being clear. I did see that page but it says

[ ] Notify by email

Send an email notification for each message received.

Does this mean I will not get email notification for messages sent to me by other users? Because that is not the case I wanted. I would like to still get user message notifications but not the new videos email.

Sorry I misunderstood you, Unnawut Leepaisalsuwanna. Unfortunately, I don't know if this distinction is feasible: could you open a ticket, please? Then you'll get a reply from tech staff.

Best,

Claude

PS I just discovered your TED Translator Cheat Sheet: a brilliant summary - and most useful for subtitling in general too: thank you.

Many thanks! Both your reply and about the cheat sheet! :)

I have this issue as well. Have you figured out how to disable these email notifications? When I look at my notifications tab, everything is unchecked.

Thank you for your quer, Chuck Smith. Please create a ticket that will go to Amara's tech staff. And if/when you get a reply, please ost it here.

Best

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment