Start a new topic

New account created when trying to sign on

I've set up my Amara account in 21st December 2014. It was profile named "kjoa.92" connected with gmail account "kjoa.92@gmail.com" (I set my my nickname as "MuzykaWostok"). I received message from Amara team and, obviously, immediately confirmed my profile. Today, i. e. 22nd of April 2015 I've tried to log in after some period of inactivity. I've just used an option of logging with Google account choosing "kjoa.92@gmail.com". How puzzled was I, when, instead singing on my account, I created a new account! Now, I have no access to old account with all the films I've shared. What should I do?

Hi Krzysztof,

Sorry this happened to you. You can probably still sign into your old account by using your MuzykaWostok username (instead of your gmail address) + password . I've created a ticket from this topic - Ticket #78994 - asking the Amara tech team to please reunite your two accounts into one. You should have received an email notification about the creation of this ticket.

In future, please always use your existing username to sign in.

Best,

Claude

It's also my trouble. How should I do? My old account is phuong_ngo created on 21/8/2015. and new account is nthphuong183@gmail.com created on 1/4/2015. Sory but I'm a newbie and I don't know how to use the ticket. Can you show me?

Hi Phuong Ngo,

Thank you for reporting this. As tickets are between a given user and Amara's tech staff, I cannot add you to the one I opened in Krzysztof Joachimiak's name from this topic, unfortunately.

So can you can you create your own ticket (via http://support.amara.org/support/tickets/new), giving the same info you gave here, plus the info indicated in the ticket creation procedure please?

Thank you in advance.

Claude Almansi

Thank you for quick help. I was convinced I formerly used to log in with Google account. Apparently, I was wrong and it caused the problem. 

Best regards,

Krzysztof Joachimiak

Hi, 
I had almost the same problem a few weeks ago. My usual profile was eduardo.berdor, but once I couldn't log in so I created a new eduardo.berdor3 account from the same address that I used for less than a week if I remember well. When the problem suddenly was apparently solved I came back to my original account. For months I didn't enter this second account. Then, suddenly one day my Google profile got me to eduardo.berdor3 right away and I couldn't log into my first and most important account ever again. I decided to slightly modify all my former videos that were still interesting to me. It would be much more comfortable to me to use only my first account. 

I hadn't come to Amara through my Amara profile for a long time. I got used to enter being logged on Google first instead.

Regards,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

If you create a ticket (via http://support.amara.org/support/tickets/new), giving the same info you gave here, plus the info indicated in the ticket creation procedure, the ticket will go to Amara's tech staff and they'll be able to help you.

Best,

Claude

Login or Signup to post a comment